Sunday night brought my cutie gal pal Jessie Payo over to my place so we could DIY-decorate some outfits for her upcoming Burning Man adventure! she wanted to do Tigerlily inspired costumes with that sexy, nearly naked Burning Man vibe thrown in…rumor is, people are often running around naked and caked with desert sand. the fantastic song in the video is called ‘Tous Jour’ – written and performed by Jessie Payo and Andre De Santanna – get her EP here on iTumes!
let the DIY begin…
- boy shorts
- lingerie little skirts, etc.
- faux suede fringe trim
- beaded ribbons
all of which she bought on-the-cheap in downtown LA.
- scrap leather which i bought from the flea market – so it’s vintage
- more ribbon
- glue guns and glue
- feathers – which i have had forever in my random craft supplies
- scrap leather patchwork strapless bra – a bunch of glued on pieces of various colored scrap leather covering a basic nude strapless bra totally transformed it into native princess!
- teal lace ribbon, scrap leather and feather headband
- red bra with gold leaf sequins and leather scrap trim
- red lingerie skirt with red, gold leaf and leather accents and a penny to weight down the flimsy fabric
- faux suede fringe belt with beaded ribbon detail
- leather cord headband with long end – feathers, leaf sequins, cotton and gold cord detail on the end
- faux suede fringe trimmed black bra – make sure you cover up the metal findings of the bra to make it look less like underwear – i glued extra pieces of the fabric to cover the back fasten area and more wrapped around the metal straps juncture in the front.
- faux leather ribbon with lace ribbon bow headband with sequin and feather detail
we made a ton of pieces and Jessie looked great in all of them! at Burning Man, i’m sure she’ll be the most Tigerlily of them all!