I got to do something really fun a few months ago! I got to film a segment for HGTV Dream Home 2016 (out New Year’s day @ 8pm on HGTV) where I DIY’d two drinks to celebrate the completion of the gorgeous Dream Home on Merritt Island, Florida. I mixed them up for the two hosts, Josh Temple and David Bromstad – two of my absolute faves – and they tasted so good I had to demo them for you all too!
On the menu there’s a sweet multi-layered honey lavender lemonade (which can be made as a mocktail or cocktail), and a tropical coconut bellini which is so chic! Two times the fun, two times the yum!
Tune into HGTV Dream Home 2016, to see yours truly mixing them up in the house’s brand new, beautiful kitchen! I know you guys will get inspired by the interior design as well as the alcoholic beverages ; )
For some outfit inspo check out the New Year’s Eve style guide!
Coconut Bellini w/ Starburst Swizzle Sticks
16 oz. cream of coconut
1 bottle Prosecco
- Dip the rims of your glasses into the frosting, then into the sanding sugar to create a sweet, sugared treat at the top of your glass.
- Drop a scoop of the cream of coconut into the bottom of each glass, then fill to the brim with Prosecco. The cream of coconut will rise to the top of the glass, creating a frosty, fizzy layer on top.
- I DIY-ed some swizzle sticks by cutting star shapes out of paper, gluing on some colored glitter, then hot gluing the stars to a skewer! But the drink looks just as celebration-ready without!
Honey Lavender Lemonade w/ Frozen Grapes
1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp dried lavender buds
1 cup fresh lemon juice
a bunch fresh lavender
4 oz. vodka (optional!)
Frozen grapes, for serving
- Mix together the honey, lavender buds, and 3 cups of water in a pot and place over medium heat. Stir everything together while cooking, until the honey dissolves. Then, strain the lavender buds out, and store the honey mixture in the fridge overnight.
- Squeeze out some fresh lemon juice, then add the fresh lavender sprigs. Muddle together to really release the floral taste. This step smells so good! Once muddled, let sit for 15 minutes.
- Lastly, combine the lemon juice with the honey mixture, and pour into glasses. If you want to add vodka, do so at this step! Use frozen grapes for ice cubes and garnishes, as you see fit! If you have extra lavender, add that for garnish, as well!