I always wish I had the luxury of being able to paint my nails every day. There are endless colors, top coats, designs, and possibilities to express yourself radically within such little space. Nails, I’ve found, unlike other areas of beauty, allow for bold experimentation and defying any expectations. Rocking blue glitter on one eye but coral on the other? A little eeek. On your nails, however? Completely normal and, if you’re asking me, encouraged.
With spring just minutes away, I’m ready to wave goodbye to the dark and jewel tones of winter and open my cabinet to a new slew of fresh pastels, whimsical glitters, and floral-inspired hues. I rounded up my picks over on Polyvore, and compiled some tips, tricks, and trends below.
- When it comes to spring and summer, festival style reigns supreme. Even though the fashion leans boho, glamorous and glittery nails are winning looks every year. Have you ever seen Vanessa Hudgen’s Coachella hand candy?
- My favorites for spring are primaries with a twist. Rich mustard-y yellows play well off of deep, green-tinted blues, opening up a new playing field since straight Rainbow Brite iterations of these colors would typically clash.
- When it comes to pinks — be playful! Metallic nudes, glittery bubblegums, and bolder colors that welcome undertones from blues and purples all elevate the most expected mani color into something magical.
- If you do want to go dark, think of colors found in nature — a gray blue that looks like the ocean, a copper like the mountains in Arizona, a plum purple that looks like the flowers from your neighbors garden.
- Play your nail color off your jewelry. If you’re stacked up in silver, a gold toned metallic looks so chic. The Dreamcatcher Lattice Ring and Pixie Ring are Mr. Kate go-tos for complimenting cool nails!
Shop this post: