Office Goals: The Making Of Mr. Kate Studios

Comments

Welcome, welcome! As this is being written, I’m sitting in our brand new office — a space that, in time, will be transformed into the ultimate creative workspace. But what would a grand makeover be if we didn’t bring you all along for the ride? You watched as Joey and I took a house lacking in everything but potential and put some OMG spirit into it, now join the whole Mr. Kate team as we take this empty office and studio and make it our own.

Click play above to indulge your senses in the premiere episode of Office Goals: The Making of Mr. Kate Studios. We’ll introduce you to the team, walk you through the new halls, talk you through our evil-genius-level plans for a total workspace takeover, and maybe have some musical numbers, fortune telling, and dancing along the way. This may be a new office, but it is the Mr. Kate office, after all.

I hope you enjoy the series! xoxo

And now, some BEFORE pics…

MrKate_Studios_Blog (23 of 53) MrKate_Studios_Blog (2 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (5 of 53)
MRKATE_2016_Q1_MrKateStudios_LogoBlogMrKate_Studios_Blog (8 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (9 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (10 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (11 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (12 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (14 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (15 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (16 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (18 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (20 of 53)mrkate_handlettering_officegoalsMrKate_Studios_Blog (25 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (28 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (19 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (30 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (33 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (35 of 53)
MrKate_Studios_Blog (36 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (38 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (39 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (42 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (43 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (44 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (46 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (47 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (49 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Blog (50 of 53)mrkate_drawing_entryroom
MrKate_Studios_Blog (51 of 53)MrKate_Studios_Front

Comments

1. KaitieRWK says:

Oh geez.. I have never wanted to work with a particular group of people so much before! lol. It looks like you guys are having such a blast working on your new place. I love the new space & I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

1. Mr. Kate says:

Awwww thank you! We do have fun. Thanks for watching and commenting!

2. Anne says:

The video got me in stitches! You guys are so freaking hilarious. I could imagine how awesome it is to go to work with a team like that. Seriously, you’re like the dream team. I’m so excited to see the whole office come to life. I’m so glad Mr. Kate is expanding and growing because I can’t imagine life without your blog and Youtube channel. Great job everyone! Also #CousCousRoom is plain genius.

1. Mr. Kate says:

Thank you Anne!!! You’re always so supportive and it does not go unnoticed! Thank you for all your sweetness. Cous Cous for life!

1. Anne says:

You’re welcome! Consider me Asia’s representative to the Mr. Kate fans club. LOL.

3. The Whimsical Rustic says:

This is so cool! I loved meeting the team, and I can’t wait to see what you do with the space. Just a quick comment about painting the building pink – pink is my absolute favorite color – any shade… LOVE. IT! However, you may want to rethink painting the building pink. In the town I grew up in the new shopping center was stuccoed a bee-you-ti-ful shade of pink… and was forever known as the Pepto-Bis-Mall…. just sayin’…

1. Mr. Kate says:

Thank you!! Haha well I think if we go pink it will be super light and not pepto-ish. But thank you for the fair warning! And thanks for watching and commenting!

4. Lyssa L. Lietar says:

Oh my god! Remember when you did that ‘Look! This is my first strawberry and I’m having a bite’-video? You’ve come such a long way and it’s amazing and so inspirational! Good luck and have fun with making that place look even more amazing than it is. Lot’s of love from Belgium!

5. Jennifer B. says:

Love it all…the building, the team, the ideas! Watching it makes me feel creatively intoxicated – my favorite feeling. BTY, I really love the idea of your arm stacked with jewelry on the wall of the long hallway. I desperately would love to play on your team!

6. Elise Mesa says:

Yaaaaaaasssss!! I can not wait to see the new space come together. Hahaha I love how all the names of the rooms are kind of elaborate inside jokes you all are going to have fun explaining to everyone. Love your new studio space so much. Mush!

7. Julia says:

I love the wallpaper in the ladies bathroom 😍 😍😍 where did you get this from? I need it in my life!