The boldest beauty move you can make? Embracing the face you were born with and playing up what’s perfect about your features instead of trying to mask them into something else. Newsflash: confidence is in! And I’ve got 3 naturally bold makeup looks to help you feel flawless in your own skin.
First up there’s a pop of colorful eyeliner that plays up your eye color, then a crash course in strobing for shimmery, sun-kissed skin, and lastly, a go-to look with copper eyeshadow and a magnificent mauve lip. Watch the video above for the tutorials and check out more details below!
Look 1: Pop of purple eyeliner
- Apply a base coat of pale beige eyeshadow across your lid with a fluffy brush. Apply a light gray eyeshadow in the outer corners of your lid and a taupe in the crease for subtle dimension.
- Using a black creme eyeliner and small, slanted brush, line the top of your eyes, giving them a subtle cat eye flick at the edges. If you mess up the point, use concealer to refine it once you’re done!
- Continue lining all around your eye, going underneath the lower water line for a very dramatic, “I’m about to pounce on you” gaze.
- Now it’s time to add that purple power! Use the purple eyeliner in your lash line and below it, blending with the black creme eyeliner for that vibrant effect.
- Fill in your eyebrows with a pencil, coat your upper and lower lashes with black mascara and your look is complete!
Look 2: Strobing 101
Pixie Day Dew Glowtion
W3LL People Brightening Powder
W3LL People Bio Brightener Stick
W3LL People Bio Bronzer Stick
W3LL People Universalist Multi Stick in Creamy Crimson
Pixi Book of Beauty
- Prep your face with the Pixi Glowtion, which will moisturize skin but also give a subtle sheen underneath your look.
- Apply foundation over the Glowtion, then set with the W3LL People Brightening Powder. This will subtly mute the glimmer of the lotion, so your face looks naturally luminescent.
- Now it’s time to strobe the ish out of your face!! The key is to use the Brightener Stick on the highest points of your face: cheekbones, brow bones, bridge of your nose, cupids bow, and tip of your chin. Use a sponge to blend the strobe strokes until they appear smooth and seamless.
- To add depth to this look, contour with the Bronzer Stick, drawing a line underneath your cheekbones, along your jawline, and a little dab on the temples. Use the sponge to blend in.
- Dab a little Universalist Multi Stick on your cheeks and lips and blend in for a nice pink flush.
- For the final touch, use the lightest shade in the Pixi Book of Beauty and apply with a fluffy brush to the tops of your cheekbones. Voila! One shimmery, golden goddess.
Look 3: Metallic Eyes and Mauve Lips
- Cover your peepers in the copper eyeshadow, using a fluffy brush to blend it into the creases and all across your eyelid. Smoke the look out by applying the shadow along your lower lash line with a small flat brush.
- Hello highlights! Bring some light into the look with the Gold Twinkle eyeshadow, applying it on your brow bone and in the inner corners of your eyes.
- Complete your eye look with a healthy coat of the W3LL People black mascara.
- To take this look to the next level, use the Burt’s Bees lipstick in Suede Splash to bring an effortless mauve color to your lips. Now give a wink and blow a kiss, because you look beautiful and you’re ready to go!