Awkward space above the fridge

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Awkward space above the fridge

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by BB.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BB
    Participant

Please help!!!

I have this very awkward space above the fridge and I have no idea how to fill it/use it.

I like most things that I purchase/own to have function. I’ve tried plants above the fridge, but that makes me feel like I’m in my grandma’s friend’s house.

standard frames were either too long or too short.

Space is 36 W X 18H X 25 D

Any ideas how I might use this space?

Thank you!

Marie Trappehave
      Participant

I’ve placed some of my nicer kitchen items that I don’t use so often. It’s a great way to show them off without cluttering too much!

Mr. Kate
        Keymaster

Hey!!

I see your dilemma!! I think a lot of functional, storage-related items can be a bit of an eyesore. I recommend using baskets, because they bring in a nice natural element and you can store things like paper towels in a cute way.

I decorated an above-fridge space like this in an episode of Mister Sister, for an example of how the baskets look! We even added in a little chalkboard for an artistic touch!

At the end of the day, the space above your fridge is usually awkward, as you said, and really isn’t somewhere you want to call a lot of attention to. A basket is a great solution because it supplies but won’t stand out too much!

Hope this helps!

XOXO,

Kate

BB
          Participant

Thank you Kate and Marie!!!

I will look at getting some baskets that will fit that space.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.