Bedroom redecorating

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Bedroom redecorating

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

James Preller
    Participant

Hi Mr. Kate!

My name is James and I’m currently living in London, England. I’m a huge fan of your interior design and I was wondering if you could help me with some design tips. I recently moved and my new bedroom is looking a bit drab. It’s quite a big room, and there is a huge window on one of the walls. At the moment there are some built in wardrobes going against one wall, and they aren’t very nice. I want to get rid of them, and I’m in the process of doing so, but I’m not sure what to put there as it is quite a long wall. I’m really not sure how to decorate my room, as I’m not very good at it. I know that I want it to be minimalist, similar to mylifeaseva’s, but I also really like Jessie Paege’s room, so maybe a colourful minimalist design? I also really like diy projects so if there are any that you think might work for me that would be great.

Thank you so much,

James Preller xo

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey James!

Thank you for posting!! There is definitely such a thing as colorful minimalist, so you’re already onto your style there! Before you get rid of your wardrobes, is it possible to spruce them up with a new paint job? Storage is essential to an organized and well-designed room and new wardrobes could be a big purchase! Something to consider before you toss out the old ones! I have a few DIY tutorials on repainting old furniture to make it new and cute!

If you do opt to get rid of the wardrobes but need to fill the space, think about setting up a conversation area against that wall. Andrea’s bedroom is a great example of how two lounge chairs on either side of a little table can make a chic, inviting addition to the bedroom. Eva’s room also has its own version of this, with her bench! You can easily DIY or purchase a bench to go along that wall if that is more your vibe!

Past that, I would spend some time on Pinterest, gathering images of rooms that inspire you. You’ll be able to find more precise ideas and directions from those images! Feel free to post some or pictures of your actual room for more advice!

Best of luck! Have fun!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.