Blue Carpet Bedroom

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Blue Carpet Bedroom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

stellar_crall
    Participant

Hello Mr. Kate,

I recently started watching your videos after your episode with Grace, Hannah, and Mamrie and I love them.

I am in college currently and next year I am moving into my grandparents old home into the master bedroom. The room is very big and the carpet is blue and I am not sure how to style the room. My favorite colors are blue, yellow, and gray but I do not want the room to be overpowered with the blue carpet and all the other colors.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

*The actual carpet is a bit lighter blue than shown in the photo

-Stella

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hi Stella!!

Thanks for posting!! This room is great and has a lot of potential!

Right now, since the room is empty, the blue carpet seems overpowering/ dominant, but once you start filling your space up with furniture, it will become more of a team player. I would definitely not bring too much more blue into the space, perhaps smaller accent items (versus a larger showcase like bedding.) I would also recommend bringing in different shades of blue. Since the carpet is lighter, some navy or ultra pastel blue will be nice complements without being overpowering.

Gray is a great neutral, so if you can some furniture that has gray finish (or even a little silver?), that could be a great way to bring that into the mix. Once you have the gray and blue established, you’ll see where and how much to bring the yellow in.

I’m super excited for you to decorate this space, I think it will be super cool!

Good luck!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.