boho reading corner

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate boho reading corner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

maddielawson
    Participant

Hello all, in my room I have a very empty corner that needs some help. My idea was to do a little reading corner with some floor pillows and a cute rug. I want a kind of boho/hippy vibe so if anyone could recommend how to mix and match pillows and where to get some good ones as well as a rug that would be great!

thanks, Maddie 🙂

Morven Lyngstad
      Participant

Hi

I think a boho reading corner is a great idea…wish I had enough room in my bedroom for that!

I am in no way an expert on matching patterns and stuff, and I don`t know a lot about what stores are good seeing as I live in Norway, but these are some of the things I think of when I buy cushions

The great thing about boho is that it doesnt really have to match... to some extent so you cant go too wrong. If you have a colour palette a tip is to find colours that go together, or that look good in your room. Maybe find some cushions with patterns with at least one colour that is the same. Kate always says things look good in threes, though that is more important in a whole room, not just cushions. For instance, none of my cushions are really the same exept some of the patterns contain white. Maybe some cushions that are more neutral.I have also found that different textures can be just as important as mixing patterns, it adds a lot to the space.

TIP: I always buy cushion covers as they take up way less space when I want to change my cushions (and they are usually cheaper!!)

But the most important thing is that you like how it looks. There are not really any rules to this. See what you think looks good together

Hope this was at least a little helpful

Mr. Kate
        Keymaster

Hey Maddie!!

I love this boho reading corner idea!!

As far as shopping for pillows and rugs, my shopping vlogs and I can attest — Home Goods is always a great option! Their pillow section has never let me down, and you can mix and match, just like Morven said!

To make the corner have a cozy, well-lit vibe, what about hanging a pendant light? This DIY Hanging Flower Light Fixture is perfect for a bohemian theme, and brings such ethereal whimsy into the mix! Almost like a Free People store!

I hope this helps!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.