Empty wall help!!??

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Empty wall help!!??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Phoebe Slinkowski
    Participant

Hi Kate! I’m 19 years old and FINALLY have my own room (after 19 years, it’s about time) I just moved into this house and my room is kinda bohemian chic with pops of color, black and white furniture and light teal walls. I have one big empty wall that I have no idea what to do with! I also have almost a whole other empty wall that will only be taken up by a corner desk on one side! I have my day bed on one wall with the corner desk at the end. I also have a tall standing mirror I need to place!! The two other walls are just empty and idk what to put on them! A table or chair??? But then idk what the chair or table should look like! Long, short? Formal looking chair or comfy mushroom chair? But I’ll also have a chair for my desk so should I even put a “lounging” type chair on one wall.. Help!!

lots of luv, phoebe

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Phoebe!

Sounds like you already have a lot planned out, which is awesome! Bohemian design is easy to accomplish by shopping at flea markets and thrift stores, which is so much fun because you get to go on pretty much a treasure hunt! Collect some frames in different sizes and colors and do a collage wall with blown up photos (kind of like in this Gallery Wall post: http://mrkate.com/2016/09/15/how-to-create-a-gallery-wall-3-ways/) or DIY abstract art (like this adult fingerpainting!: http://mrkate.com/2016/02/23/diy-finger-painting-wall-art/). A collage of frames will add some design complexity.

If you have the room, I would say to add that comfy chair and table or side table. Look at thrift stores and get anything you like, doesn’t have to be a specific style as long as it will physically fit in the space. Bring in some other colors and personality by finding a cute throw pillow for the chair. If you do a collage wall on one wall, then hang a big round mirror on the other wall, this will create a nice balance so there isn’t too much competition between walls!

I hope this helps!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.