Halloween-Themed Challenge

Home Forums Little Misters Halloween-Themed Challenge

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Jen Gutierrez
    Participant

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="573"]Halloween diy Hook Manson Cruella[/caption]

Ever since I was little my mom always made all of my costumes. When I found my own creative weirdness she set me free to create. The first one I’ll post is from about 2yrs ago. My sister and I got wind of a few other ladies dressing as certain Disney villains so we decided to surprise them with our own at the party. My sis was Cruella Deville and I was my fave Captain Hook! Most of her stuff we thrifted or she had already. My shirt, leggings, and coat were thrifted. The jacket is actually a bathrobe that I lined with gold duck tape! Added lace and a feather to a typical Halloween store hat, used a cheap Halloween hook hand and made the sword with a long skinny piece of metal and a baby bowl! Just covered it all in duct tape:) and the stuffed croc I borrowed from my son! On a side note, my sisters fiancé was Marilyn Manson…I made his vest and trimmed up a plain long hair wig and made fingerless gloves, he had everything else.

Jenna Rabel
      Participant

Yay! Since the contest is extended, I dug up a couple of older gems starting with my DIY gnome costume. It’s just a rolled up piece of paper bobby pinned to my head and a store bought beard, but I think it’s hilarious. My friend and I sat in her yard as gnomes should and passed out candy. This was 5 years ago I think…. I don’t really gnome. All the puns.

Jenna Rabel
        Participant

This is when I was a unicorn three years ago, I had just started dating my now fiancé and I had already made my costume and bought the unicorn head otherwise we would have made a couples costume! I made the tulle and sequin tutu and sprayed glitter all over my shirt and added a cute bow on the horn. – he was also freaked out by the head haha.

Jenna Rabel
          Participant

Getting into some character day costumes from High School now.

Here is my nerd costume, I had all of these items already if that tells you anything about me. Please notice the sock-em-bop-em ring I’m wearing in the group picture. I got that from a party favor aisle and wore it in real life.

Here is a lumberjack costume featuring the beard I used in my gnome costume:

And here is my Hannah Montana costume where I bobby-pined my hair to have bangs, I was super proud of that!

Danica Younghusbanf
            Participant

I love Halloween but HATE scary or thriller films. I just… Can’t.

That said I love Tim Burton’s films a lot, so maybe scary stuff is just too much for me.

One year I went as Catwoman because the Arkham Asylum game was released that year and I LOVE Batman. Here’s an image with me as Catwoman and my friend dressed as the Riddler. I just used clip on cat ears, swimming goggles, wore a faux leather jacket, a pair of faux leather leggings and faux leather boots:

I once went as a Sugar Skull. I painted my face white and wore a red corset that I bought when I visited family in South Africa… Which you can’t see in this photo:

I once went as Daenerys Targaryen. This was easy, I just used what I already had (super blonde hair, a long blue dress) and then bought a dragon puppet :’) Excuse the dark circles, I was very tired this year haha:

I once went as Hit Girl. I actually forgot to get a picture of my whole outfit for this. Here’s a blurry and drunk photo of me and my boyfriend. All I did was dye my hair purple:

And last year I went as a Dark Unicorn. Recognise the beauty marks? I made the unicorn horn myself out of Sculpey Clay, and the crown was made of an aliceband, false flowers and hot glue:

Unfortunately I think I’m working this Halloween, my best friend in the image above will be at Disney World :'( and my other best friends are also either not in the country or at other parties.

Kelly Hanelt
              Keymaster

Hey guys!!

I’m getting so inspired by all of these costumes! I almost wish I needed like 15 Halloween costumes this year (I think I’m settling for 3 haha). As a MK team member, I’m not part of the challenge, but I want to keep the conversation going!

I’m sure you all saw my grocery bag costume from last weekend’s Little Mister’s email — if you didn’t, make sure to sign up for the email list here!! I’m reposting the pic here with the steps I took to make it, in case anyone else wants to join me in the inanimate objects club!

I started with the biggest brown paper bag I could find — I think I got it at like CVS or Cost Plus. I cut off the handles and hot glued on my own straps, which I had measured to fit over my shoulders. Next was the fun part — I raided my pantries, finished a few favorite items of food, and used hot glue, glue dots, and plenty of maneuvering to attach them to the front of the bag. It sagged a little when it was just standing on its own, but once I put it on, it looked fine!!

I added some final touches to the bag with stickers from Ban.do and Rookie Mag, then put on my favorite Freckles BeautyMarks, a trusty onesie (seriously has seen me through like 4 Halloween costumes), booties, and I was ready to be devoured!

If I have one tip for someone else making this costume, I would say maybe don’t choose such yummy treats to show off! There was one guy at a party following me around for 15 minutes because he was convinced I actually had Goldfish on my body and he wanted some. #awkward

Thanks for inspiring me for more DIY costumes. I think I need to throw a costume party soon! Halloween isn’t enough!

Jordy Sirkin
                Participant

The Corpse Bride was finished in time!! Sadly only got a couple photos and none of the bottom. But that’s what next weekend will be for. Completely sewed and dyed by yours truly. And painted my entire body. Dedication haha.

Jordy Sirkin
                  Participant

Whoops the the photos didn’t load. Here they are.

Jen Gutierrez
                    Participant

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="220"]Bearded lady Bearded lady[/caption]

This is my bearded lady costume. I hand laid my whole beard:) I had the robe and just added fringe around the bottom and sleeves. Skirt and shirt were thrifted but the shirt was part of a weird once piece suit I just altered it to a shirt. Everyone loved that even with a beard I still looked pretty.

Kelly Hanelt
                      Keymaster

Hey guys!!

Thanks for all your amazing DIY costume ideas and submissions!! We were so inspired and amazed at all the creativity the Little Misters throw down!!

Extra special (and a little spooky) congrats to Lindsey Chapman, who is our winner!! Please email me (kelly@mrkate.com) in the next two days with the address you’d like us to send the swag bag to!

xx

Lindsey Chapman
                        Participant

Thank you, Kelly! I’m very excited!

Eileen Grigsby
                          Participant

This is probably my favorite halloween costume as an adult! My now-husband and I made the dress together and my tattoo artist friend drew tattoos all over.  I felt like such a bad-ass and a bunch of people thought the tattoos were real!!

kiera regan
                            Participant

My DIY Sugar Skull Costume pieced together from various clothing I already had, makeup job done by me!

kiera regan
                              Participant

My DIY Sugar Skull from last year, featuring clothing I already owned, make up job by yours truly...

kiera regan
                                Participant

Resubmitting the close up of my DIY Sugar Skull costume, make up job.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.