Help coping with anxiety?!

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Help coping with anxiety?!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Participant

Kate,

I have delt with anxiety for majority of my life and don’t know how to cope with it. I have so much anxiety to the point where I don’t like to go out and public and do certain things such as talking to someone or pay for something. I’m at the age now where I should have a job but don’t have the nerve to get one. I want one but too anxious about it. I am a pretty introverted person who is so scared of growing up and messing up. I think it has to do with my difficult past. I just don’t know how to snap out of it. I don’t talk about this with anyone because I am quite ashamed of it. I have tried to go to numerous counselors but that doesn’t help because I am so introverted. What do you suggest I do? Any helpful tips and tricks?! Thanks!!
      -Kaeli ❤️
      (Ps. Another reason I created @simply.mrkate is to distract myself and get into my own zone. Combining my passion of editing and my love for you takes the stress away!! 🦄❤️😘

thehermit
      Participant

I know this is addressed to Mr.Kate but I couldn’t ignore it myself. I have had anxiety for almost 8 years now and it comes and it goes; I can give you one advise that works for me. NEVER allow your mind or body to create a safe zone to the point that you feel like your limited in this small place; Keep pushing it and pushing it. Be comfortable with the uncomfortable and acknowledge that anxiety is just an emotion just like any other is. It is a real thing to have anxiety but do not allow it to trap you and go for this job. Do not be hard on your self and any progress is progress. Life is all about growing, improving and progressing; get comfortable being uncomfortable!!

I hope this helps and you are not alone in this; I hope you the best <3

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by thehermit.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.