Hey Little Misters!

Home Forums Little Misters Hey Little Misters!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Jenna Rabel
    Participant

Hi Denise!! Give us movie suggestions too! The only somewhat “obscure” movie I can suggest to you is a movie I watched in my french class in high school that I later bought for myself because it is one of my favorite movies! It’s called Le Choristes or The Chorus and I highly recommend it. Although it is in french and I remember absolutely no french, I watch it with English subtitles. You can check it out on Rotten Tomatoes where it got a 92% audience rating http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chorus_les_choristes/

Other than that I pretty much stick to Disney, cheesy romantic comedies and Monty Python and The Holy Grail haha

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Thanks Jenna for filling me in! I really knew nothing about Texas A&M and now I know! Excited you’re into graphic design! You should post some of your brainstorms here, I’d love to see! I have great respect for people who can do graphic design because my brain doesn’t really work well in that realm. I’m good with photo composition and writing on their own but combining them is not my forte! Sofia – hat wearing Swedish fairy in our Office Goals videos – is a great graphic designer! She does all of our banners for the jewelry and sales etc.

Adan, I’m obsessed with candles too! Like legit, it’s a problem. And I agree with Jenna about the Volcano candle! I’ve bought more than I’d like to admit of those ; ). If you want a cheaper option with clean scents, I like the Mrs. Meyers candles that I get on Amazon in two packs http://bit.ly/1qzU3Le – I like the lavender, geranium or lemon verbena scent. I get those for the office because they’re not as pricey as the Capri Blue. If you want a truly luxurious candle, it doesn’t get better than Diptyque ‘Baies” in my opinion http://bit.ly/1qzU1D3

Denise! My love! Great to see you here!!! annnnd are we soul mates? Cats and old movies? YAAAAS! I went to film school so I’ve seen my fair share of the “classics” but I also grew up watching old movies. I was just showing Joey clips of old Shirley Temple movies the other day, which I’ve seen all of them and he’d never even heard of them. My all time favorite movie is Some Like It Hot and I also love Arsenic and Old Lace – those aren’t obscure but they’re great flicks!

Heart you all!!!

– monsieur kate

Teresa Castaneda
        Participant

Hi guys! I just joined the Little Misters group on facebook and now there is this forum. Its all so very exciting! I’m so lucky to meet kindred spirits with diy and all the other fun stuff (decorating, makeup, and all that jazz). I have many more projects in the works that I’ll post in the future. 😀

gracesimmonds
          Participant

Yaaaaaaaaas Little Misters!!!! I have been wanting to post on the forums for a while, but had no idea where to start/what to post. I love how we’re slowly taking over the internet muahahahahaaaaa!!!! 😀

You guys are all so awesome, and I love finding out new things about our sweet little community.

#LittleMistersForLife xx

Denise Olivares
            Participant

Ah! I’m so glad the forum is taking off 🙂 Kate, we might in fact be soulmates!! I’m on a total Film Noir – Classic Film kick right now. So anything femme fatale related is calling my name. Some Like It Hotis on my must watch list. I very nearly did one of my final papers on it but decided to go with one from Spanish director Pedro Almodovar. His most recent film The Skin I Live In is potentially one of the most interesting/disturbing things I’ve ever seen. I’ve been recommending it to everyone while giving a strong, but fair warning to read some of the warnings beforehand. Thanks for the suggestion Jenna, I’ll check it out! In terms of french cinema I also really got into Diabolique (1955, Clouzot) and Breathless (1960, Godard).

Thaline Briers
              Participant

Hello everyone!

My name is Thaline, and I’m a 20 year old Little Mister.

I read Kate’s e-mail about this forum so I thought I give it a look. And wow, I am amazed how everyone is so enthusiast and friendly. I also love how Kate is involved in these conversations. Normally the people I look up to, like celebrities, are so out of reach (if anybody knows what I mean…). So thank you Kate for being awesome!

For what I’ve already read, I am pretty much like minded.
                I loooove to travel. I’ve been in a lot of European countries but my dream is to travel to the US. Until now I didn’t have to opportunity because of school and money but one day I’ll make it across the big ocean! ;p
                I’m also a crazy cat-lady and I adore cats. I have 2 british shorthair cats who are the world to me and I treat them like they’re my babies.
                Apart from that I also love movies, but I’m more a horror fan. I love watching them at home because in the cinema is too scary. :p

Can’t wait to participate in conversations with you guys and hear stories from all around the world.

XOXO

Amantha Hons
                Participant

Hey Little Misters!

My name is Amantha and just like Jenna, I recently graduated from Texas A&M with a degree in Ag Communications! I want to work in social media/digital marketing and love graphic design and content creation as well. Unlike Jenna, I have a bit more of an ag background and was involved in a big ag based organization in high school (FFA), so that’s how I found the program, but I really fell in love with the communications industry and all the hands on experiences the degree offered.  I actually don’t plan on working specifically in agriculture either. My newest personal project is a blog and freelance design business called TeacupBlond. So far I have a website (teacupblond.com), one blog post and one client, so def still a work in progress.

I have done a little bit of traveling as well! Last year I did an internship abroad in London. While I was there, I got to go to Oxford, Brighton and Dover, as well as Paris and a few places in Ireland! I really loved Ireland and would love to go back some day and explore more of the island and even hop back over to Scotland and Wales. We have also done a family vacation to San Juan, Puerto Rico which was really neat! I just watched Kate’s video about her trip to Cuba and am definitely adding Havana to my travel bucket list.

Jenna Rabel
                  Participant

Kate – I didn’t know Sofia also did graphic design! I love her photography and she seems like a really fun person in general!

Denise – I’ll have to check out those films! They sound interesting!

Thaline – Welcome! I agree with you,  I love how friendly and like-minded this community is! Whenever you’re able to travel over here to the U.S. make sure Texas is on your list! 🙂

Oh hayyy Amantha 🙂 I didn’t know you had one client already, that’s awesome! I need to talk to you about London whenever I end up planning my trip over there, I’m thinking that will be my first stop before going over to the mainland!

Jordy Sirkin
                    Participant

Hi Misters!!

First off, I need to say I love this new forum. I tried to keep up with introductions of the FB group but it got a little difficult so I am so happy to read more about everyone. I’m super envious of the places some of you have been too. I’m hoping to go to Europe in the next year or two. Love hearing about your cinema kick Denise! I minored in Film & Media studies and am a huge film geek. My favorite movies to watch are anything scary or Disney, which is quite the odd combination. My goal was to enter the film and television world in some capacity (I worked on the film Seven Below which is on Netflix. Warning: It’s very cheesy horror) but my path in life led me elsewhere, for now. I currently live in Chicago, originally from Cincinnati, OH. I’ve been here for almost two years and work in Marketing and Advertising, which I’m now producing some small-scale photoshoots. I have two cats I’m beyond obsessed with, Winnie Binx and Buffy Lorne (you’re guaranteed my new BFF if you know where those names are from). That’s pretty much me in a nutshell!

Lauren
                      Participant

Hey  fellow Little Misters!

Seriously loving this forum, what a great way for us all to share ideas and stories! Love seeing all the places everyone has been, many of them on my travel wish list. Little bit about me, I’m currently in my senior year @ University of West Florida & studying PR w/a minor in sports marketing. Hoping to one day get out and see a bit more of the world than I’ve had the chance to so far. Also a little bit of a crazy cat lady, a thing I could never say about myself til moving to Florida. I pretty much spoil my roomie’s cat Lily like she was my own (and take pride in the fact that when she feels like actually showing affection, she comes to me lol) Absolutely adore Disney movies, may or may not have dyed my hair Ariel red because Little Mermaid is my absolute fave. If I’m not in class or at work, I’m most likely to be found at the beach or at a hockey game if there’s one going on.

Lauren Hoeffner
                        Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Hi lovelies!! This is my first time posting here. I’m Lauren & I’m from Lubbock, TX. And tomorrow I’m turning the big dirty-30!</p>
                          <p style=”text-align: center;”>I’m not a particularly crafty person…but I do love trying diy crafts and projects! Even if they do tend to turn out as major fails. Trying is always an adventure. I really don’t have any super talents, or a fun job(just a bank teller here), and I haven’t been on any exciting trips…my current life is pretty basic, and for now, that’s ok! The most recent place I’ve visited is NOLA- I love that crazy city. It’s so beautiful, and its filled with so many interesting and questionable people. It’s so different from the conservative area that I live in, and I think that’s what draws me to it so much.</p>
                          <p style=”text-align: center;”>I do have a pretty amazing cat, Kitty Meow Meow. I LOVE watching snaps of Winston & Roxanne! I might be married, but I’ll forever be an old cat lady at heart.</p>
                          <p style=”text-align: center;”>  You all have so many exciting and interesting experiences to share, and I really enjoy reading your posts!! I look forward to hanging out here more!</p>

Lori Mann
                          Participant

Hi, All!

I’m Lori, and I’m pretty sure that I am the grandma of the group! I share a birthday with Mr. Kate, and this year, on the 4th of June, my daughter and I are taking my dad to Florida to visit Harry Potter and a couple of Disney parks, and then we are renting a car and driving to Savannah, which I am really excited about.

My daughter and I love to travel,  and I love collecting maps of the places we’ve been and adding them to our gallery wall.  Such a cheap and easy souvenir! We have a couple other trips planned for this summer, including Seattle and British Columbia.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="286"] Part of our map wall[/caption]

I’m also a cat fan;  we’ve got Taylor, who is six, and Frankie, who is about 9 months. Both were rescues, and we love them to death!

Prisilla Cope
                            Participant

Hi!!!!

I found Mr. Kate while watching DIY videos on youtube. My 6 yr. old daughter <3’s Mr. Kate too. We are living in San Antonio, TX. We love visiting our local libraries & museums. I have 2 teenage boys too & have been married for 20 years. I love DIY-ing….I was raised by my abuelo’s who lived during the depression…..it’s really hard for me to throw things away….I have taught my kids to ask themselves: Compost? Donate? Upcycle? Recycle?

I hope to begin designing on Spoonflower this summer!

Love you guys!!!

Madeline Schoenfeld
                              Participant

Hey everybody! Nice to meet you! I’m Madeline (but Maddy works too).

I’m loving all the cat lovers and film buffs here! My cat Bella is my best friend in the world. She was the runt of the litter, so she’s super tiny for an adult cat, but she grew up totally healthy anyway! I actually went to the Savannah College of Art and Design for a year for film, but I changed my major to sustainability (policy, planning and design) and now go to a university in New York, where I’ve lived all my life! Lori, you’ll love Savannah! It’s a gorgeous city to visit. Be sure to get dinner on River Street and check out all the quirky little shops on Broughton. One of my personal faves while I lived there was a baked potato bar called “Spudniks.”

I love crafting and DIYing everything I can! I think one of my best qualities is that I’m super resourceful, so I never let an old outdated item go to waste. I totally relate Priscilla, my family is the same! It’s hard for us to just toss things away!

My favorite artistic/DIY activity is sewing! I love making my own dresses, and one of my favorite hobbies is digging for treasure at thrift shops and then making alterations so that old pieces are given new life. I have an instagram for my sewing stuff (@eulaliathreads) but I have a hard time keeping up with it. I tried to get into blogging too but ended up leaving my blog terribly neglected. Does anyone have any tips on how to manage or keep up with a blog? 🙂

Loving this little community that we have!

Here’s a pic of the first dress I ever made, and a picture of our other cat, Iris! (I somehow couldn’t find any pictures of Bella on my computer lol).

Janice Nyam
                                Participant

I’ll be arriving in CA in August & I just know I have to visit Mr. Kate studios during my time there… Hope that’s not too creepy! Lol I’m in love with y’all! 😅 Call me Katezy … ?/8/&’su

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.