LOUD couch

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate LOUD couch

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tyler Osborne
    Participant

I fell in love with a very special couch in a thrift store and could not leave without it. Unfortunately, I’m a college student living in a not so great apartment so the two don’t really match right now. This couch is very 70s and very bold and I’m unsure how to style around it. It’s a rich red with a yellow pattern and velvet. Do any of you have any tips or suggestions? I’m just not quite sure which colors and textures would go well without totally clashing. My apartment carpet is pretty beige/brown and my walls are a dull white so I don’t have a lot to work with! I’ve attached a picture of the couch for reference!

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hi Tyler!
        Ooh what a great find! It sounds like your space is pretty clean and simple, so I think this couch will work really great! Since the colors and pattern of this couch are so bold, keeping the other elements in the room more subdued is a great way to let this piece shine. I think a white shag rug, metal or mirrored coffee table, brass floor lamp, and some clean, modern wall art would compliment it perfectly — maybe even a pop of pastel pink somewhere if you’re feeling crazy! Hope this helps and send us photos of your finished room!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate and Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.