My Sad, Sad Studio

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate My Sad, Sad Studio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Arielle
    Participant

Hi from Jamaica!

I love your videos so much and I binge watch when I’m feeling down. You’ve really inspired me to try and turn my space into my sanctuary. Right now though, it’s sad. I have high ceilings and that’s about as good as it gets. The space is partly carpeted with ugly brown carpet (tiled for the rest). It’s a mix/match of random hand-me-downs and I don’t know where to start to get this space to look cohesive and serene, even though it’s small. I even put together a floor plan to try and get a handle of the possibilities.

3d floor plan

I’d appreciate ANY suggestions on getting out of this design rut.

Love,

Ari

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hi Arielle!!

Thanks for posting! Much love to you in Jamaica!!

That room model is great! You did an awesome job, it’s really helpful for visualizing your space! As far as giving it a cohesive, serene look, I would start by trying to establish a color palette. White always comes to mind both as a good starting point, but also a calm and relaxing color to feature. If it’s possible to paint any of your furniture white (here’s a tutorial on repainting furniture, if it helps!), I would recommend that to get those pieces to look more cohesive. Adding a rug over your brown carpeting will be nice to cover that color up!

I also think that the smaller walls you have at either end of the room could be cool for a statement wall like the Makeup Brush Polka Dot wall from Tati’s Beauty Room, or if you’re looking for something a little more subtle, the DIY Stencil Wall from Andrea’s Bedroom!!

Hope this helps! Good luck decorating! Let me know if you have any more questions!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.