New Apt, no imagination!

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate New Apt, no imagination!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SweetVal
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Mr. Kate!! I recently discovered you a couple months ago and I am OBSESSED!!! You’re so freaking awesome!! πŸ˜±πŸ€— So, I am a college student, sophomore year. I had a 1 bedroom apartment, but recently moved to a gorgeous 2b/2bth apartment, IN THE COUNTRY! I looooove my new place but, I have absolutely no imagination or time to decorate my place the way I would love it to look every time I come home. ☹️ I have the same old furniture I was able to scrape up when I first moved out here on my own. I have so much space now with beautiful high ceilings, but I work 2 full time jobs while attending school and I find myself in the same sad 😭 place I was last semester in my 1 bedroom. I get on Pinterest on a daily pinning all these cute ideas that I’d like my home to look like. But, realistically: A. I don’t have time to sit there for hours making DIY on my old furtinute B. Let’s get a lil personal, but there’s a reason I work 2 jobs.. I’M A BROKE COLLEGE STUDENT 😭😬 C. I’m all on my own.. except for my boyfriend, but honestly, cmon.. guys have no sense in style lol! So in this case, I wanted to know what can I do to make my living space more home-like and happy? I want to be able to come home and feel good and relax and have time to study. I tried buying new furniture since DIY were taking too long.. but I honestly can’t afford it right now. And I’ve waited 2 whole years to get this apt. I finally have it, and idk where to start! Please help me Mr. Kate! My imagination is blank. If I could dig in your head for ideas I would!! You’re the best! Thanks a bunch for being yoooou!! 🀘🏼😊❀️ -SweetVal</p>

SweetVal
      Participant

So, after posting this, a budget video came out! 😱 May I say WHAT A COOL COINCIDENCE!! πŸ€— I got a lot of ideas from the video, but one itsy bitsy problem is I’m not in LA or anywhere near as big as LA. I live in this tiny little country college town where there’s not that many thrifts stores. And the little thrift stores we do have, are either a little too over priced for items or I never have luck finding something exciting. ☹️ Just my luck huh? πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ I tried doing your rope wall shelves last night and they came out pretty badass! 🀘🏼 Thx for the awesome ideas!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.