New rented home decoration challenge

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate New rented home decoration challenge

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sumbul Akhtar
    Participant

Hi Mr. Kate,
      I moved into my new rented place with my three kids and hubby after boarding with my brother. We moved in March and are still struggling to decorate our home. We just have a few basics. Right from the powder room, living room, dining to all the bedrooms, we have no idea how to start. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks,

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hi Sumbul!

Thanks for posting! I’d say in general, regardless of the room you’re decorating, the most important thing to consider when you start is function. Think about how you use the room and your family uses the room and work from there. It can be tempting to try to decorate an entire room top to bottom, or get the smaller accent pieces first (since they feel like less of a price investment and also less of a commitment), but when you’re starting with many empty rooms, spread the love throughout all of them and start with the biggest, most necessary pieces first.

Smaller necessities and accents will come up after, and as you start to live in the rooms, you’ll now have the added knowledge of what works well.

Hope this helps! Best of luck with your space!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.