REDOING WHOLE ROOM NEED HELP PLEASE

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate REDOING WHOLE ROOM NEED HELP PLEASE

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Christina Duran
    Participant

OK I really don’t know where to start. I live in a rented house so as much as I would love to fix up my room as if I owned the house.. I can’t unfortunately. I share a room with my 3 year old son. My room is so dull the color of my walls are not inviting, the curtains and dresser have to go, AND OMG don’t even get me started on the doors in my room. They make me cringe. The ceilings in my room are high which is what i like since it makes my room feel a little spacious. I want to maybe paint the walls white especially since the lighting in my room sucks. I want to keep my room in the neutral color palette while still having colors for my son. The furniture that I have now, I plan to just get rid of everything except my bed which is a king size so I am limited with space, and my vanity… well I have sort of a love/hate relationship with it. I want maybe white or grey furniture. But I’m not sure exactly what I’m going for. My room has all these turns and corners. I don’t know how to work with how i should arrange things.. So before I show my room let me say, I have this huge photo of the Eiffel Tower on the wall above my bed ( I don’t like it) but If i took the picture down, I have, like this opening in the wall where you can view the downstairs living room. I want to change either the photo or maybe add like a huge tapestry there so you can’t see that photo. Now time to see what I’m working with..

When you walk in..

So what would you do if this was your room Mr. Kate? Or anyone else. My room is screaming for a makeover. LOL.

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Christina!

I love how proactive you are about your room! You’ve got target areas you want to fix and ideas about how you want to go about it, which is great!! It’s so much easier to tackle a room when you have plans about what areas and aspects to work on first.

That being said, I really agree about painting the walls! White or a shade off white in any color family (think the lightest possible blue, the lightest possible grey, the lightest possible tan) would not only open up the space and make it seem bigger, but will lighten it up tremendously.

I love the idea of a tapestry at the top of your bed, especially since you have such a large and specific space to fill (so finding or making custom wall art could be tricky or expensive.) Sites like Urban Outfitters or Society6 are great places to look since they have a lot of different prints and patterns that you can choose from to get exactly the look you want!

As far as your vanity, what about upcycling it?! I recently redid the sideboard in the Boffice, and while you don’t have to go as far as repainting it if you don’t want to, switching out to new, cool knobs could be exactly the touch it needs!

Hope this helps!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.