Refreshing my bedroom

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Refreshing my bedroom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sophie Foster
    Participant

Mr Kate, I need you help! My room has been the same for the past 7 years, and I have got sooo bored of it! Along one side I have a built in oak wardrobe and desk and then opposite I have a double bed taking up most of the room, which I have tried to move, but it doesn’t fit anywhere else. Also I have a big bookshelf, with one shelf spare, and a big chunky storage space, as well as a small dressing table from Ikea. With the fitted oak taking up most of the room , it makes it feel dark, so I have tried to lighten up my room with some white bedding but it still feels dark. I would like some ideas on how to lighten up my room and incorporate my inner bohemian self into the room involving budget friendly DIYs. Thanks, Sophie x ( btw- I live in the UK so most of the things you get in America, I may not be able to get here!)

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for posting!! Much love to you in the UK!

Hmmm, I see your dilemma! Fortunately, there are lots of ways to work around it! You haven’t mentioned the lighting in your room — if you’re working with just an overhead light or have any lamps. If you don’t, I would say to add in lighting from different heights and angles to help brighten up the room. A floor lamp in the corner, some fairy lights across the ceiling or draped over your bookshelf or wardrobe, or even some small candles or table lamps on different surfaces!

I would try to clear up and declutter the surfaces and bookshelf of your room as much as possible. Try to get as much room as you can to add in accent pieces. Some faux or fresh flowers, smaller pieces of art, crystals, marble accents, or small metallic accents could all bring some liveliness and lightness into the room! Also, I don’t recall you mentioning curtains, but if you have or can get curtains in your room, a thin, white, gauzy curtain would bring a lot of whimsical, bohemian lightness into the mix!

Hope this helps! Good luck decorating!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.