Room must haves.

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Room must haves.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Taylor Darden
    Participant

I’m moving into a new house but the bedroom is smaller than before, causing me to have to downsize my furniture. My only problem is that I don’t know what to get rid of and keep because my bedroom is my happy place. So what are a rooms must-haves? A bookshelf? Vanity? As well as, what are it’s must-have accessories? Crystals? Unique light fixture? I need help!

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hi Taylor,

Thanks for posting! I see how this could be tricky!

To me, the essentials for a bedroom are a bed, one or two side tables (depending on it your bed is up against a wall) and a dresser. But even with these three things, there are options. A shelf could be a side table, or you could use a dresser as a nightstand also, considering the amount of space you do or don’t have.

The dresser could double as a vanity if you hang a mirror above it, and if you have the space, a full body mirror is always helpful too!

As far as accessories, I would keep it simple. You’ll have a lot going on just in your clothes and makeup storage already! Keep your surfaces as clean as possible, maybe try a lamp, crystals, or a tray. Candles are great too, if that’s your thing!

Good luck!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.