shared bedroom

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate shared bedroom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Habiba
    Participant

hi there!
      I’m sharing a bedroom with my sister, we are both teenagers so we kinda match styles. my problem is that each one of us wants separate furniture, like 2 vanities, to desks…etc. i don’t really have ideas of how i’m going to rearrange the room as we wont have that much of space, help!

Habiba
      Participant

i don’t know how to send the pictures of my room on the blog, however there is enough furniture for both of us but i didn’t like the arrangement and layout of the room because there is way too much furniture in the room that lacks space and lacks my interest for the room. what i was thinking of was a makeover to my room, i wanted to change all the furniture because they are crowdy and kinda old fashioned and at the time i wanted to share it with you for some tips and advice,
        thanks a lot Kate.
        -habiba

Mr. Kate
        Keymaster

Hey Habiba,

Sounds like a pickle you’re in! But a fun one, without a doubt.

It’s great that you and your sister have similar styles, as that will help you when you need to consolidate or streamline your furniture or decide for the style of makeover you want.

If you want to keep all of the furniture in the room, my suggestion would be to paint it all the same color or same two colors. Choose a neutral shade or one that isn’t too far from your wall colors. For example if you have white walls, you could paint it white, pale pink, or some pieces each color! This will help make the furniture seem more intentional, which will be helpful since you described there being so much of it!

If you’re trying to give some of your older furniture a makeover, you should watch my series Upcycl’d! (Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agAs6F5VHcU) It’s all about how to take vintage furniture or pieces that don’t fit your style anymore and make them into new, modern masterpieces!

Good luck, Habiba! I hope this helps! Let me know how it comes out!

XO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.