Sloped ceilings and single bed?

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Sloped ceilings and single bed?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Holly Henderson
    Participant

Hey Mr Kate!!

First of all, I wanted to say I love your videos and you inspired me to get into interior design, so thank you so much for that.

I am 13 and am looking to makeover my bedroom. I have an attic room with sloped ceilings and an exposed brick chimney type thing. I have a single bed- would it be worth investing in a double do you think? I find the single bed quite hard to style. Do you have any ideas on this? Also, the room is quite small, so a double would take up most of the room. What are your suggestions for maximising space with a double bed? My style is bohemian Pinterest sort of thing I don’t really know how to categorise it!! I loved My Life as Eva’s room and also the office for the three girls.

Have you got any tips for styling attic bedrooms with sloped ceilings because I find it so hard!!

I can’t wait for Alisha Marie’s room to come out because I’ve been waiting for it for so long!! Favourite youtuber teamed up with favourite beauty vlogger!! Yay!!

Thank you so much for your help,

Holly xxx

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hi Holly!!

Thanks so much for posting! I’m so glad that you’ve found inspiration in our videos!

I wouldn’t recommend getting a double bed just for design purposes, but if it is what is best for you functionally and to fit with your lifestyle and needs then definitely go for it!

In rooms where the bed takes up a lot of floor space, it is important to be very strategic with storage and furniture so things don’t get too cluttered. If you don’t already have shelves on the wall, installing some and using those instead of a side table or bookshelf could be nice to open up a little more space.

Speaking of shelves, you could definitely do a really cool hanging shelf off of the sloped wall! I have a tutorial for stacked hanging shelves here, and you could tailor it to have as many or as few shelves as you need! That would fit in with the Pinterest boho vibe you’re describing and could be a cool way to integrate the unique feature of the ceiling into your room!

Hope this helps! Have fun decorating!

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.