traditional/outdated Dining table

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate traditional/outdated Dining table

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Naomi Durman
    Participant

Hi!

I have this dining table set that my in-laws were getting rid of, we decided to snatch it up because we really didn’t want to spend the money on buying a new table. It’s a dark wood, very traditional looking dining set that has an extra leaf to make it longer. I’m having a hard time figuring out what to do with it because it doesn’t really go with the rest of the style of our house (industrial, mid-century modern).

I’d like to try to do something with it to avoid having to spend money on a new set. Should I paint it? should I pair it with some more modern chairs? Any ideas I’d really appreciate 🙂

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hi Naomi!!

Thanks for posting!! It’s great to be able to swoop up some great furniture from relatives, but the trick is, as you’ve noted, integrating it into your home’s style.

This is a great set, and I think with a few touches and tabletop settings that are more in line with your industrial/ midcentury modern aesthetic, you can totally make it work.

I wouldn’t paint the table, but if you’re not keen on its wooden appearance, what about trying out this DIY Decoupage Coffee Table technique on the top? You could then paint and reupholster the chairs to match the new appearance and finish of the table! Top it with some of the aforementioned accessories, and it voila!!

Hope this helps! Good luck!

XOXO,

Mr. Kate & Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.