Ugly Dorm Desk Chair

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate Ugly Dorm Desk Chair

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Shae Bendell
    Participant

Hey everyone! I am at university and living in residence. My room is actually awesome because it’s big and lots of space…but the desk chair is ugly and scratchy and just all around awful! I have a lounge chair that I spruced up with a knit blanket and a nice pillow (see attached image) and I’d like to at least throw a blanket or something over the desk chair to make it nicer and less irritating (both as an eyesore and on my skin!). I also was hoping not to get anything too heavy in fabric because my room does tend to get hot. I was wondering what suggestions people have! Another limitation is I’m in Toronto, Canada and I have just moved here so I don’t really know where to shop and all that.

Thanks everyone!

Shae

Shae Bendell
      Participant

Sorry, forgot to attach the images!

Ugly Desk Chair

Pretty Lounge Chair

Mr. Kate
        Keymaster

Hi Shae!!

Thank you so much for posting!

Instead of getting a blanket to cover the chair, try a tapestry or large piece of upholstery fabric! These options will both drape nicely around the chair, but not be too fuzzy or warm on the skin.

Another option is to get an all-together new chair! A thrift store or garage sale are great places to look. If the one you find isn’t exactly perfect, just upcycle it with some paint or reupholster it … or both! This DIY chair video is a great place to get inspired for some painting ideas!

Hope this helps! Good luck!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.