When can I finally do what I love?

Home Forums Ask Mr. Kate When can I finally do what I love?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Samantha Beaudoin
    Participant

Hello Mr. Kate!

I have recently become a Little Mister and have found yours and Joeys story of becoming a team and starting Mr. Kate inspiring. I have always loved working with DIY and fashion and events and even started my own Twitter to give ideas and stuff. I would love to make this a actual job but cant seem to figure out how to actually jump and do it.

I’m in my 20’s and I am married and have child and just cant seem to figure out how to finally get my life onto me and what I love. I’m always focus on everyone else and there dreams and goals. Having a 8-5pm office job that sucks my soul out everyday is not cutting it anymore.

Do you have any advice on how to find ways to put my dreams forward and into reality?

Xoxo Samantha oxoX

Mr. Kate
      Keymaster

Hey Samantha!

Thanks for posting!! I think it’s great that you have such inspiration and direction for where you want to grow your business! I can tell you, from experience, the best thing you can do to really grow your business and your brand is put time into it. 30 minutes here and 30 minutes there is too scattered a manner to get the kind of big thinking you need done.

As much as it’s hard to look at your life and decide what you will cut time out of, the only way to grow your own business is to invest time. And it is an investment. A good way to go about this might be enrolling in a creative business or design class that meets once or twice a week in the evenings. I did an extension program at UCLA, which a lot of colleges and universities offer for reasonable prices. This could be good just to give you a structure and set time to focus on this aspect of your life every week, with someone else giving you assignments and you giving yourself the trial-run to really test your enthusiasm about pursuing the business full time.

I believe in you! Being creative and entrepreneurial is amazing, the world needs people like you!

Best of luck!

XOXO,

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here or register a new account.