Work With Us
If you think working at Mr. Kate would be your ultimate dream job, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your specialties and what you could bring to the company. We are always looking for new fun people to work with!
Product Manager at Mr. Kate
We are an omni-media lifestyle company with product lines for millennials in the home, fashion and beauty space. We are a small team growing quickly and are looking for an exceptionally organized and experienced individual to come join our company full-time as a Product Manager to help us manage our current lines, and expand into new areas.
- Product line management and R&D for future products
- Analyze trends, the marketplace, and the competitive landscape to inform decisions about product development, pricing, etc…
- Identify areas for product expansion
- Meet with head designer and supervise spec sheets
- Submit spec sheets to factory and manage communication until product is finalized
- Create PO’s and manage payments
- Manage and optimize inventory
- Negotiate pricing and develop/optimize overall pricing strategies
- QA for existing lines
- Optimize expenses and meet pricing and margin goals
- Manage product packaging and marketing collateral
- Optimize fulfilment strategies and costs
- Daily communication with manufacturers, periodic site visits (including international), price negotiations, audits, etc…
- Manage customer service experience
- Manage shipping coordinator
- Manage product related office supplies
- Communicate with wholesale accounts/offline customers
- Assist in all product related marketing activities
- Identify areas to improve wholesale and retail initiatives
- Manage and optimize returns and exchange process
- Develop training materials for support staff, shipping dept, factories, etc..
- Maintain all appropriate paperwork with all vendors, contractors, etc…
- Be aware of and implement all domestic and international product requirements (safety, materials used, labeling requirements, etc…)
- Assist in preparing all marketing materials for new product launches.
- Meet with management on a regular basis and provide updates, insights and analytics.
- Attend trade shows
- Manage e-commerce listings, inventory levels, etc..
- Manage communications and deliverables for wholesale and drop-ship agreements, etc…
- Plan staffing needs for product department
- General support to the COO and CEO
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- The desire to grow a career within a small but quickly growing lifestyle company
- The desire to set personal goals and over-deliver
- A positive attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Desire to work with a small team
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and wear multiple hats
- An enthusiasm for beauty, style and home content and products
- Previous experience in stylish lifestyle based products (ie. jewelry, clothing, beauty products, home goods, etc…)
- An understanding of millennial buying desires, trends and habits.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Incredible organizational skills.
- Impeccable communication skills and ability to manage other people when necessary.
- Enthusiastic self-starter mentality – good with direction, but also able to formulate plans and ideas with no outside input.
- Deep desire to know everything there is to know about the home, fashion and beauty space
- Ability to work independently and take feedback constructively.
- A high bar of excellence
- Ability to work very quickly and efficiently
- Willingness/eagerness to work overtime and/or weekends when necessary.
- Ability to think big and be a team player
- College degree, preferably with a concentration relating to the world of products/business.
- 2+ years professional product related experience (ie.: product development, product marketing, product management, fabrication, etc…).
- Great computer skills (excel, google sheets, Adobe Creative Suite, E-comm software, analytics software, etc..)
- Great organizational skills.
- Great Communication skills.
- Authorized to work in the US
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work 40+ hours a week in office (Pico/Fairfax area)
Position is full-time. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. Candidate should submit a cover letter including why they are the perfect candidate for the job, a resume with previous education and employment history (including hourly rates or salaries of previous employment), all applicable skills you possess for the position, references that we may reach out to, and any links or attachments of previous product work if you have any. Please make the subject line of your application: “Applying for Product Manager via mrkate.com”. Any submissions without this subject line will be ignored.
Thank you so much, and we look forward to reviewing your submission!
Do you have a passion for graphic design? We are a very visual company and are always looking for part-time designers to help with the website, marketing materials, video assets, products and packaging. Candidate should submit a cover letter including why they are the perfect candidate for the job. Please also include links or attachments of example work that relates to the topics we cover, a resume with previous education and employment (including hourly rates or salaries of previous employment), all applicable skills you possess for the position, and references that we may reach out to. Please make the subject line of your application: “Applying via mrkate.com for Graphic Designer”. Any submissions without this subject line will be ignored. Position would be part-time and in our Los Angeles office. Still reading? Still Interested? Send us your stuff!