well it is upon us, the Gregorian calender is refreshing itself or getting older, adopting new digits that we all must mind when dating our checks, etc. i’ve never been in love with the new years transition, i always feel there is too much pressure to do something big and amazing. my best new year’s celebrations are chill, where i don’t have to spend too much moola, get to hang with good friends, and have a quality midnight kiss!
i also have mixed feelings about new years resolutions, i like the idea of setting goals but i don’t want to set myself up for failure. just like diets, if you have too many goals/restrictions, you’re bound to go to the other extreme and fall prey to the demon that is Ben and Jerry. but nontheless (how cool is it that that can be written as one word) Joey wants to write down some new year’s resolutions. so i’ll play the game and do a wee list of personal resolutions, let’s see, first thing…
– make a satisfying amount of money in 2010 doing the things i love to do
– keep working out consistently
– keep at a healthy non-refined foods lifestyle
– spend quality time with the people i love and make deeper connections with them and myself
– blog consistently and hopefully have interesting, exciting and insightful things to post
– take baths
– read books
– continue educating myself about the world
– eat dinner at the dinner table and not in front of the tv
– go on an exciting trip
-be proud and kind to myself even if i don’t accomplish all of the above.
any new year’s resolutions you want to share? i wish you all out there a Happy, Healthy and Productive 2010!!!
outfit: otis & maclain over-sized pocket leopard print t-shirt dress, diy ripped tights, steve madden platforms, diy antique chain ring, bcbg silver spiky ring, antique bracelet watch, Mr. Kate silver twig rings, black gold open twig cuff, gold screw you necklaces.