have you ever braided rings into your hair? i hadn’t, until today! just in a pirate kind of mood i guess….
rainy, gloomy day today but i loved it! it’s way easier to fall into a gloomy day when it’s a sunday. just felt right. went and saw Jack Goes Boating with Joey and one of my besties Jonathan. it was fairly depressing/interesting/self-indulgent, as Jonathon put it, “very indy.” Phillip Seymour Hoffman is an amazing actor although, i can never get past the memory of him in Happiness…have y’all seen it? sick and twisted and really stinkin’ good.
DIY: braid of the rings
1. various favorite rings. (preferably seamless and lightweight, i used 3 of my Mr. Kate Twig Stack Rings)
2. hair elastic
you’ll need to do:
– use about a 1/2″ to 3/4″ thick chunk of hair and start braiding.
– about halfway down (or where ever you’d like) take a ring and put it around one of the 3 pieces of hair your using to braid.
– push the ring up as far as it will go to meet the already braided part, then secure it by continuing to braid down around it.
– braid down another inch and repeat with another ring.
– repeat as you’d like and finish/seal the braid with a rubber band (i like these clear tiny ones).