it’s me, ali, taking over the blog again!
so, i love to bake. more specifically, i like to bake and then force my friends to eat the baked items (which is never difficult to get them to do). this is my specialty/frequently demanded/favorite/go-to recipe…i’m not going to lie, it’s a little tough to release it to the world!
these are the perfect fall cookies, you will not regret making them (i don’t even like pumpkin but i love these)!
– 1 cup canned pumpkin
– 1 cup white sugar (maple sugar for low glycemic)
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 egg (or egg replacer for vegans)
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon milk (or almond or soy for vegans)
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
– combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.
– in a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
– dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
– add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
– add vanilla and chocolate chips.
– drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
– then watch while your cookies are devoured