i ordered these curtains for my mom’s sewing room from Anthropologie. they came in the mail today and i love them but they are soooo DIYable! we went with a theme, obviously, because these are called Swatch Book Curtains and they’re going in a sewing room so it’s just all too perfect…awww! but i mean, what a great idea for curtains in any room and so easy!
1. buy or make simple thick cotton curtains in a light neutral color
2. cut rectangles or squares of any spare fabric, old clothes, etc. anything of which you like the color, texture or pattern.
3. using a straightedge (yard stick or something long), create a grid on your curtains for your swatches and spaces for notes next to the swatches. i would use a pencil and then go over the lines with fabric paint or fabric markers.
4. stitch or fabric glue your swatches into place within the grid.
5. hang em! you could get creative and do something different than fabric like periodic table curtains or embroidery thread sample curtains or something too. the thing that will unify it will be the grid.