healthy bone tips from the huffington post
1. heavy intake of alcohol lowers your bone density and can create a calcium deficiency.
2. calcium rich foods like *yogurt, *cheese, green veggies and almonds help strengthen bones.
*although now tests are showing that dairy may actually leach calcium from bones thus calcium from plant foods is superior.
3. exercise and almost any activity that makes you move your body helps draw more minerals to your bones and makes them more dense.
4. for girls, to not have your period can lead to bone loss.
5. drugs and medications that streghtnen bones are not always the answer and in some cases have caused stomach problems. if you take bone-building drugs be sure to monitor them with your physician.