today was salon day for a little color touch-up and a cut. however, my appointment wasn’t until the afternoon, so rather than bother with doing my hair – i put it up in this messy ballerina bun and disguised my slob status with a pair of shades and some orange-y lipstick.
to do the messy/dirty hair ballerina bun:
– finger comb all of your hair with your fingers, (not a brush, way better to get that messy look ) on to the top/crown of your head. the bun placement is key, it needs to be high enough on your head to get that ‘ballerina’ vibe.
– twist the length of your ponytail and then wrap it around into a loose bun (i didn’t use a pony tail holder but you may want to depending on how cooperative your hair is).
– fasten with bobby pins around the base of the bun and spray with a slight mist of hair spray
– if your bun isn’t messy or loose enough move it around and pull your hair at the roots so it loosens and looks a bit more lived in.
– put on your lipstick and shades and you’re ready to pirouette into your day!