while in Capri, Italy we’ve been eating the most amazing, fresh and delicious food… duuuuh. some of it at restaurants and some home-cooked at our villa with fresh ingredients from the villa’s garden and local market. here’s the journey of one of our recent feasts…
Tess’ Bruschetta – recipe below – with fresh basil from the garden
grilled and marinated eggplant from the garden
the non-vegan platter of fresh buffalo mozzarella, olives and cold cuts
fresh pasta with fresh tomatoes, garlic and basil
zucchini flowers from the garden stuffed with bread crumbs, garlic and herbs
cold fish with fresh arugula from the garden, capers and olive oil
eggplant with spicy tomato sauce
our dinner companions – a family of wild cats!
Tess’ Fresh and Easy Italian Bruschetta
- fresh tomatoes cut into cubes
- a bunch of fresh basil leaves – torn into smaller pieces, don’t bruise by cutting them with a knife, use your fingers to gently tear.
- fresh loaf of bread – sliced into 1/2″ slices
- a couple cloves of garlic minced
- a couple splooshes of olive oil – around a tablespoon or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- chop, slice and tear your tomatoes, garlic and basil and combine in a bowl
- add your olive oil, salt and pepper to taste – let tomato mixture stand so flavors mingle
- toast your bread slightly in the oven or toaster (optional step, it’s good on non-toasted bread too!)
- spoon bruschetta mixture onto bread slices and serve!