i love this room, color palette and paper chandelier where you can clip artwork, book pages or even love letters! i pulled the colors into a color grid because it think it’s a great inspiration for a neutral room with pops of jewel-toned colors. as for the chandelier, i did some research and found out the original one is the Zettel’z 5 Chandelier for $1,220! but in my opinion, this is totally DIYable!!!
here’s how i would DIY my own Love Letter Chandelier:
- use a simple pendant light – like this one from Ikea – as your base. make sure there’s places to attach or wrap your wire.
- cut about 20 to 30 pieces (2 to 3 feet in length) of 12 or 14 gauge wire – like this brass one – for your spindles to hold your papers.
- twist and secure the wire pieces around your lamp base using one or 2 pair of pliers. *make sure your wire pieces extend far enough away from the bulb so your love notes don’t become a fire hazard.
- attach small black paper clamps onto the end or mid-way up each wire piece. attache the wire base of the clip to the wire arm by using a smaller gauge wire – a 20 gauge would do the trick.
- clip your love letters, drawings, or vintage book pages into the paper clips and ta-da, DIY love letter chandelier!
original photo by Hemma hos Marie Olsson Nylander, color palette grid by moi