i’ve always loved to draw or paint faces and the first and last pic are a face that i painted in high school with watercolors. using human images in decorating is an ancient tradition, the Egyptians, Greeks, etc. did it. using faces can be comforting, like photos of people you know, or aspirational, like photos, paintings or sculptures of pretty/interesting people!
faces from top to bottom:
- watercolor i hand painted
- Victorian bronze statue of a lady holding up a candelabra. i have two of them.
- “Riquetta” print by Ludwig Hohlwein
- a framed poster of Man Ray’s “Tears” photo from 1930
- a large smiling Buddha candle my sister got me years ago which i haven’t had the heart to light and melt.
do you have any faces in your decor?