here’s a DIY i did for Threadbanger on how-to make a vintage inspired chandelier crystal necklace! it’s a great throw on piece to wear with all your bohemian summer outfits and also makes a great gift!
watch the video above for the full tutorial!
- vintage brass chain – shop at bead stores or online like Etsy
- large brass jump ring – bead stores or Etsy here
- vintage chandelier crystal – flea markets, Ebay or Etsy here
- a 24 gauge flexible wire – i got the antique brass one on Etsy
- two pair of jewelry pliers
- a wire cutter
- cut around a 28 inch piece of chain and a 1 inch piece of chain.
- connect the two ends of your 28 inch piece of chain to the large jump ring then connect one end of the 1 inch piece of chain to the same jump ring. close your jump ring with your pliers.
- cut about 8 inches of wire and loop it through the hole of the chandelier crystal with about an inch on one end and the rest of the length on the other.
- twist the two lengths of wire together with your pliers to create a closure and trim the excess of the short piece with your nippers. leave the longer length of wire in tact.
- loop the long length of wire through the bottom link of the 1 inch piece of chain and create a loop closure by twisting the long piece of wire around the area where you twisted the shorter piece in step 4. note: you’re creating a figure 8 of wire through the chandelier hole and through the chain link hole.
- once the loop is secured, don’t trim the long length of wire! instead, wrap it down and around the top of your chandelier crystal creating a wire wrapped look. it doesn’t have to look perfect, that will add to the vintage look. when you’ve reached the end of the wire, tuck in the end with your pliers. done!