go from drab to fab and think outside your usual grilling box this 4th of July and all Summer long! i created this bohemian, festive, homemade, Summer, grilling party experience in the back asphalt patio area of our apartment building.
- the DIY Veggie Burgers using about the same recipe that i posted here! – served with whole wheat buns, lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.
- Grilled Summer Squash with Red Bell Pepper kabobs – recipe here! (just add bell pepper)
- sparkling water mixed with juice or chilled white wine completes the feast!
- a tray of colorful permanent markers makes it fun for people to personalize their beverage party cups instead of the usual names written in black ink!
- i used silver trays and coasters from the Goodwill, other thrift stores and garage sales to set plates, cups, markers, etc.
- i covered a folding table with a white tablecloth and a made a decorative runner from vintage, embroidered Indian fabric (i used similar fabric in this art project).
- i set a giant empty frame that Joey and i found on the side of the road on the back of the table to adds height and decoration.
- beverage stir sticks i used the mustache sticks from this photo project!