i got this Mole sauce a while back at CRAFTED – posted about it here – it’s made by San Angel Mole (you can buy it online here!). i love black mole for it’s rich, complex flavor and having it in jarred form makes life even easier…maybe one day i’ll try to make my own.
anyways, in a quick pinch the other night, i made a combo bowl of sauteed rice and beans and onions with steamed green beans, carrots and mushrooms on top, then smothered it with San Angel Black Mole and garnished with a half an avocado! deliiishhhh!
Mr. Kate’s Vegan Mole Bowl with San Angel Black Mole Sauce
- 10oz of cooked or pre-cooked and frozen brown rice – i used a package of Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice medly
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 1 onion choppe
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms in quarters
- a nice handful of green beans in 1 inch slices
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 lime
- oil for sauteing
- a pinch of sea salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of chile powder
- a jar of Mole sauce
- saute your onions in oil in a pan – once translucent add a pinch of salt and your pre-cooked rice to heat. add your beans to heat and flavor the mix with your paprika and chile powder.
- in a pot with water and a steamer basket, steam your carrots, green beans and mushrooms until bright green/orange but still crisp – don’t overcook!
- heat your mole in a sauce pan
- serve your bowl in a bowl (duh) with the rice/bean mix at the bottom and the steamed veggies on top – smother with some mole sauce and garnish with sliced avocado and some lime wedges on the side…. yum!