i’ve been so obsessed with the sweet, organic strawberries lately – check out my strawberry protein smoothie here!
this salad is simple, fresh and delicious. i made it up the other day on a dinner whim. i love fruit in salads, it’s exciting! the addition of the whole grain mustard adds an earthy tang that goes well with the creamy avocado. there are all flavors in this salad: spicy arugula, sweet strawberries, smooth avocado and tangy mustard – if you don’t like whole grain mustard, try using a dijon mustard dressing instead!
Mr. Kate’s Strawberry and Arugula salad with Avocado and Whole Grain Mustard (vegan & gluten free)
- organic arugula
- organic strawberries – i used 2 strawberries sliced thin for one portion
- organic avocado – i used a quarter avocado sliced for one portion
- whole grain mustard
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- toss your arugula with a little drizzle of olive oil and a tiny sprinkle of sea salt and plate it.
- place your sliced avocado and sliced strawberries on top and drizzle some balsamic vinegar over top
- garnish with a small dollop of whole grain mustard (a little goes a long way) and enjoy!