i shot this sponsored video with T-Mobile at the Santa Monica Flea market to give some quick tips on what you can look for while shopping at any flea market!
Some Tips on How-To Shop at a Flea Market
- bring a car with trunk space! if you plan to buy a large item like a dining table or something you can’t fit in your car, ask the seller if they will deliver it to your home for an extra charge.
- if you like it, and the price is right, buy it! the thing about flea markets is everything is one of a kind, so there is no room for “oops, actually i want that and i wish i bought it when i had the chance!”
- collect dining chairs that you like the shape of because you can always paint them and re-upholster the cushions – check out a pair i painted and re-upholstered here. i love mis-matched chairs painted in different colors around a dining or kitchen table – like this!
- look for vintage rhinestone jewelry and if the price is higher than you would think, see if it’s stamped on the back and ask the seller about the stamp and if they know about the art house or designer. if you’re skeptical, look it up on your smart phone and see if you think the price is justified!
- load up on cuff bracelets and rings for your ring and wrist parities – try mixing your metals – check out my layering jewelry video here!
- look for accessories like ornate frames that you can put fabric in like this or vintage globes that you can do a bunch of things with – like one of these great DIY ideas.
- remember you can always paint and spruce up anything – if it looks dreary, but you love the shape, get it! like a dresser, or coffee table, hutch, trunk, etc.! see some fun dresser spruce-up DIYs here!
Visit mytouch.t-mobile.com to learn more how the new T-Mobile myTouch and myTouch Q are 4G smartphones that are helpful, not hard. #spon
this video and post was sponsored by T-Mobile.