After frequent visits to BabyCakes bakery (one of our favorite vegan bakeries around) – we decided it was time to bake our own chocolate chip banana bread! Not only is it fun to bake your own loaf but it also saves you money and could serve as a great gift…if you’re feeling generous which, is a rare occurrence when we’re around this deliciousness.
This Baby Cakes recipe is on the “healthier” side so it’s perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, dessert, a martini garnish, errr maybe not…but let’s be honest- it’s delicious any time of day!
Join in on the deliciousness:
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 2/3 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 cups chocolate chips or get creative: you can add in nuts, instant coffee, blueberries, it’s up to you!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 7 x 4 x 3-inch loaf pan with oil.
- In a medium bowl, carefully measure in flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, cinnamon and whisk. Add oil, agave nectar, rice milk and vanilla and mix again. Fold in the bananas.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and set in the oven let the baking begin!
- After 20 minutes, rotate the pan 180 degrees, and continue baking for 15 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy the yummy bread and let us know what you added to put your own twist on the Babycakes bread!
recipe by babycakes
top photo via afreshdille.wordpress.com