i love this recipe because it’s low glycemic and tastes amazing, plus i can make it in my little crock pot so it smells delicious cooking and takes very little effort. i love to have this for thanksgiving or any winter holiday!
Mr. Kate’s (low glycemic) Cranberry Sauce with Maple Syrup and Orange Zest
- 1 bag cranberries – usually 12 ounces
- grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or more if you want it sweeter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or one cinnamon stick)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup of water
- if cooking in a crock pot: combine all your ingredients in the crockpot and cook on high for about 3 hours until you’ve reached the desired consistency. the cranberries should burst and it should be a nice thick sauce.
- if cooking in a saucepan: heat your cranberries, orange zest and juice, maple syrup and spices over medium to high heat. after 7 to 10 minutes add the water and stir for another 5.
- serve chilled.
second image via life’s ambrosia