home for the holidays? got wood? add a little rustic nature to your living space with a DIY log candle holder. you can also dress it up and use as a centerpiece for the holidays!
- a slab of wood (needs to lay flat on one side)
- drill with a drill bit slightly smaller than the diameter of the base of the candle
- screwdriver or chisel
- find the center of the log and drill a hole
- use screwdriver and hammer to clear away the wood and chip away to make the hole a little bigger if necessary
- drill two more holes on either side
- to help secure the candles, use a lighter to melt a little of the wax on the bottom of the candles, when slightly melted and still warm, place the candle in the space you just beautifully drilled!
- optional: dress up the log with some natural color from the outdoors! we clipped some branches from a pine tree and found a little branch with red flowers. other ideas: glitter spray, a few vintage necklaces draped around for some glamorous contrast, flowers in spring and summer!