In my opinion, it is acceptable to add bling to anything from head to toe, so socks were a logical next step! Using sew-on rhinestones (I know, I don’t usually sew) I added a row of bling to a cute pair of ankle socks so I can rock them with my socks and sandals looks this summer!
Watch the video above for the sitcom-esque tutorial and get to sprucing up your sock drawer!
- sew-on rhinestone jewels – I orded mine online here
- pair of socks
- needle and thread to match socks
- plan your layout on your socks – I chose to do a sporadic placement with different shaped rhinestones but you could do a more ordered pattern or make a flower, etc.
- sew on your rhinestones using the needle and thread – tip: double up your thread and tie a knot before you start sewing so you don’t have to thread it through as many times for a secure bond to the socks. sew them like you would a button, making sure you feed the thread through each hole in the rhinestone setting.
- wear them!
- dress: Forever 21 dress (I cut shorter)
- belt: Forever 21
- socks: Topshop
- shoes: Zara
- wiener dog clutch: Patch NYC by Ross & Carney