Grab some old (or new) white sneakers and get them summer-ready with this easy DIY that’s to DYE for! Ombre adds a fun gradient color to nails, hair, shirts, and now… shoes! We chose aquamarine for it’s ocean-like vibe that’s perfect for warm weather!
- white sneakers
- painters tape
- liquid Rit dye – in the color of your choice, we used Aquamarine
- small spray bottle
- remove the laces from the sneakers
- fill the sneakers with newspaper to protect the inside from the dye
- cover the sole of the shoe with painters tape
- fill the spray bottle with a small amount of the dye (we did about 1/8 of the way up the bottle) and add water to the top, shake the bottle
- start at the toe and spray about a one quarter of the shoe
- pour out some of the mixture and add more water – making the dye mixture lighter
- now spray the middle portion of the shoe
- again, pour out some of the mixture and add more water
- spray the heel of the shoe with the watered down dye to create the full ombre effect!
- let dry, put laces back in and wear with whatever you want!
- owl tank: Forever 21
- shorts: vintage
- jewelry: Mr. Kate