I’m very excited to debut the first episode of my new series Beauty Bite with Mr. Kate on The Platform’s YouTube channel! I’ll be doing a series of short videos with tips on beauty from head to toe! First up: nails! This firework nail art is perfect for 4th of July or any time you want a BANG of a manicure. Watch the video above for the simple step by step and POW, you’ll have firework nails in no time!
Subscribe to The Platform and stay tuned for upcoming episodes of Beauty Bite with Mr. Kate!
Don’t forget to shop the 4th of July SALE for 30% OFF! Enter code: STARSANDSTRIPES – sale ends July 5th
- black nail polish – for base
- gold and/or silver glitter or shimmer polish
- colorful polish – your choice of colors, I used red and purple
- white polish
- paper plate or piece or paper
- paint all of your nails black – one or two coats – let dry
- paint a patch of silver or gold glitter or shimmer nail polish on each nail. let dry – this will be the base of your firework
- plop some dollops of your colorful nail polish and your white onto a piece of paper
- using a toothpick dipped in one of your colors, create the firework design by dragging rays of color over the base of gold/silver shimmer. try curving some of the lines to make them look more like fireworks.
- repeat step 4 with your other color(s) and let dry
- using a fresh toothpick, dot little spots of white polish along some of the rays of color – this will act as a highlight and look like the sparks of your fireworks
- let dry and seal with a clear top coat and now… baby, you’re a firewooork!