Garlands are a Winter-holiday-decor classic, but they don’t always have to be made out of fir or popcorn! Here are some creative garland ideas that are totally DIYable to get you inspired for your holiday decorating.
- Cut up some old paper bags in holiday shapes and string them on yarn. Recycled and festive!
- Ball ornaments strung together with wire makes for a glittery and glamourous look. Try using floral wire for easy wrapping or just hang them simply on a wire.
- Bells! So festive and metallic. Get bags of bells and a roll of wire from the crafts store and get to stringing!
- Lace garlands for your winter wonderland decor. Check your local fabric store in the lace trim section, cut and hang!
- Pine cones and acorns strung on twine gives an earthy look to any interior.
- Upcycle old spools with some glued-on sheet music and string them on yarn with wooden beads.
- Buttons! Love this simple idea from Funky Junk for an eclectic look. These are held together with wire hooks but you could easily use twine or embroidery thread.
- Felt shapes cut out using a stencil or free-hand and attach them to twine.
- Cut white paper or sheet music in snowflake or triangle shapes for a lightweight and monochromatic garland.
- Pom poms! Easy to find at your crafts store and string onto some yarn. See my DIY Pom Pom Ponytail Accessory for more pom pom love.
(images via: jeanjeanvintage.blogspot.com, ellemenoh.tumblr.com,theinspiredroom.net, etsy.com, artsyvava.blogspot.com, funkyjunkinteriors.net, goodideasforyou.com, pigeonatelier.com, adelightfuldesign.com, a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net, sortrature.com, 100layercake.com, franciskasvakreverden.blogspot.com, confettistyle.wordpress.com)