Ugly Christmas sweaters are a classic during the holidays. Usually many peeps show up to the Ugly Sweater party in their uncle’s hand-me-down 80’s monstrosity but I think DIYing your own Ugly Sweater is way more fun! These two sweaters I got at The Goodwill for super cheap – I know, the cat one is actually pretty cute – but I made them both suuuper ugly using a variety of doo-hickey’s from the crafts store. Get creative and get ugly!
Joey and I are disgusted at these boring sweaters…they need to get radical and ugly, fast!
- old sweater
- hot glue gun and fabric glue sticks
- embroidery needle and thread
- holiday embellishments (bells, bows, pom poms, mini stockings, Shwings, etc. )
- plan your lay out on your sweater
- glue on the larger objects with the hot glue gun (like the bows and stockings, gem stones, etc.)
- sew on the smaller items (like the bells and mini ornaments) using the embroidery needle and thread
- rock your very own ugly christmas sweater with pride!
And this, will probably be our holiday card ; )
Joey and I are posing in front of the DIY Winter Wall Decor!