Two things I love, crowns and lace and this DIY combines both those things to make lovely little lace crowns you can pass out at your New Year’s Eve parties or just wear whenever you need a royal boost! They usually make these little crowns to put on newborns when they do those sleeping baby photo shoots but I think they are totally beyond baby appropriate. Watch the video above for the full tutorial and happy new year!
- wax paper
- lace trim
- fabric stiffener/liquid starch
- acrylic paint in color(s) of your choice
- glitter (optional)
- foam brushes
- hot glue gun
- measure the lace to the size of your head or desired crown size and cut – I chose to make tiny crowns because it helps the lace stay upright
- place the lace flat on a piece of wax paper and use the foam brush to spread the fabric stiffener over the lace on both sides let dry and repeat this step a couple to a few times, depending on the size of the lace
- use the foam brush to paint the lace with your paint color – optional step if you already like the color of your lace, like I did with the black crown
- add glitter while paint is still wet – optional to add more sparkle
- let dry and repeat painting the other side of the lace and let dry
- glue the two ends of the lace together with the hot glue gun
- wear it!