I have these two paper organizers in our office that don’t match. They’re both from Ikea but one is wood and the other cardboard, blah blah. I wanted to find a way to unify them so I didn’t get annoyed seeing them next to each other in their non-matchy-ness and my prayers were answered when I happened upon this roll of bling at the craft’s store. This bling sheet is made of little metallic silver circles in a mesh like fabric that from far away look like rhinestones (which I love). It’s usually kept in the wedding section at the craft store but you can also buy it online here for around $11. For more fun label ideas see DIY Glitter Labels.
This project is an inexpensive and easy way to add some glam to your organizers. I love the result!…but I still hate paying bills.
- vertical paper organizers
- roll of bling ribbon
- hot glue gun and glue
- scissors and marker
- Measure your bling sheet to the face of your organizer and cut it to size using scissors.
- Hot glue the piece of bling to the front – careful, the glue likes to seep through the cracks so don’t get burned!
- Write on your labels using your marker and glue them to the front of each organizer – I loved using the paper hang tags with the thread still attached.
- Organize and feel glamourous! Shishi, bling bling daaaahhhhling